In reply to:

is there a way to get a mp3 to transfer back to the PC?

I am trying to do just that, but by trying to setup an ftp server on the empeg, so far all I have been able to find is to get a PPP enable kernel on the unit. This has proven difficult as the developer site has the required info, as well as a kernel update file, but alas it is for the Mk1, rendering my Mk2 rather useless. Plus the steps required, from what I can tell, to get PPP working on a Mk2, are way beyond my linux abilities. So I am wondering if the Mk1 pppkernel.update file, is convertable to a MK2 file.

Tony, can I assume you have PPP working on your Mk1, for your data transfer requirements? Do you have any ideas on how to get PPP running on a Mk2, or do you know of anyone who does have PPP running on a Mk2, and is it possible for them to export their kernel into an upgrade file and use emplode to ram their kernel onto my(other) empeg(s)?

For the obvious reason of running an ftp service on the empeg, I would also like to use my empeg to shuttle data from home to work, primarily for the stuff that is far too big for email, and for secure transfer between sites.