> Where are you mounting the empeg ?

I want to keep the Mini/Harman Kardon indash for the use of its tuner and CD player. (Which I suppose rules out the use of the PAC steering wheel control adapter, since as someone noted I can't use both the PAC and the factory controls - although a hidden A/B pushbutton switch behind the steering wheel might be an option?) My hope is to install the Empeg at the bottom of the dash console section (below the heater controls etc.) There is enough height there for the Empeg, but the console section seems to taper inward toward the bottom, so it's slightly narrower than the Empeg sled. My hope is to slightly trim the posts where they fit inside the bottom tray, allowing them to sit just a tad further apart, thereby providing enough width for the Empeg. I may also have to trim the Empeg sled so that it does't stick out quite as far. Meanwhile, the stock 2005 Mini cup holder happens to be the right size to hold a Sony XM radio tuner. So if it works out I'll have the stock H/K AM/FM/CD, with the Empeg plugged into its aux input, and the Sony XM radio plugged into the Empeg's aux input. Or so I hope. With this combination I cannot possibly lack for music! Wish me luck!