Finally got it installed.

Quote:
You open up you tuner and bang a 1k ohm resistor across R2, the 22k ohm reference resistor for the ADC that measures the resistance on the remote.

Got Hugo to do that yesterday. Thanks Hugo!

Quote:
If the boards were done consistantly it is also labelled as R2 on both tuners and you can double check that in Patricks installation guide.

On Patrick's tuner, it doesn't appear to be labelled. Use the installation guide to find it, I guess. Presumably the label's under the existing resistor.

Quote:
Details on the Sony stalk wiring - you need to make up a cable with 3.5mm cinch connector

This turned out to be quite hard in my Focus -- there's not a lot of play in the cable, and no room to work behind the dash. Hugo made me up a 3.5mm connector with a pair of wires hanging off -- in the end I had to connect it by poking the wires into the 17-way connector and wrapping it in a lot of electrical tape. I just couldn't get in behind the dash with wire cutters.

Quote:
If there is anything else I've forgotten to tell you feel free to ask.

I've played with the Hijack button display screen, and the Mode button on my remote doesn't do anything -- with the 1k bridged on the 22k, the effective resistance is something like 950ohm, so the mode button (just over 1k) is still just outside the range. I can live with this, though.

Also, the buttons don't map directly to the normal buttons. Seek up resolves to 'mark track'. Seek down appears to work though. Presumably you had to do some Hijack magic to make it work? Do you have details of that?