Ooo. Ooo. Ooo.

While you're there, I want to know how to do something specific using Doom 3 console and config file commands. I can't find this by googling or reverse-engineering the existing files...

Number one thing I want to do:

A "best weapon" key for deathmatch. I have tried putting the following in my config file:

bind "e" "_impulse1; impulse2; impulse3; impulse4; impulse5; impulse6; impulse7; impulse8"

But that doesn't work, the console reports is doesn't know the commands _impulse1 etc., which is odd because bind "1" "_impulse1" works...

Number two thing I want to do:

When I go to the "multiplayer" menu, it gives me a choice between "LAN" and "INTERNET". It always defaults to "INTERNET". I want it to always default to "LAN" but I can't find the command or cvar to make that happen. I've tried net_LANServer 1 but that doesn't do it.

So if possible, can you collar one of the id Software guys and see if they can answer those questions? If necessary, remind them that I'm the guy who did the original Doom BFG 9000 FAQ...

And by the way, I'm wondering if the little "movie" about the BFG that's in one of the game's later levels is some kind of a nod to that FAQ.. Perhaps not, maybe I'm just imagining it and being irrationally conceited...