Alrighty, the LCD and a brand spankin' new alarm are in...

http://www.skivvies.com/car/

Another 6pm to 3am install job. What's left to be done:

1. Install the inverter and playstation, with an on/off switch between the inverter and battery (still researching if this is necessary, some inverters say they turn themselves off....)

2. Install the MBQuart Components up front. Easy.

The alarm install was way more involved than i'd ever thought. I learned a whole shiteload about relays and the electrical system overall...simple stuff slapped together to make a big complicated mess. Scott removed the old factory alarm, which was an incredible nest of T connections, and simplified it with some relays. Now it does all sorts of fancy crap from my remote. I opted to not install the remote start, since i KNOW i'd forget oneday and start it up in gear since it's a standard.

We decided to not reinstall the Sony CD head unit as planned, as we'd have to do some major console cutting to fit it and the LCD. So i just settled with getting the Tuner for the empeg when it comes out. I can wait...though traffic reports would be nice.

We hooked the playstation up (as you can see in the pictures), and have the audio going through the AUX in of the empeg, and holy crap does it sound good. One oddity though... (maybe a bug), When i selected AUX from the front panel of the empeg, we got nothing, no sound at all...which scared the crap out of me. We rechecked the wiring and it was all right, and still nothing. So it occured to me to hit the input selection buttons on the remote, and when i hit Tuner, BAM there it was.... Anyone know what's up with that?

|| loren.cox || 080000446 ||