Paul, is there any update on this?

I'm running 3a10 with a 64mb memory card and I'm getting more memory related errors than I had before with 2.00final and no extra RAM. I'm needing to play with ReserveCache settings that I never needed before. I'm wondering what benefit I'm getting from the memory card upgrade.

For instance, switching tracks on the player does not display a new "Vcb: 0x428fa000" via serial. If the player is running, I can't connect via emplode. When the player boots up, it usually boots to audio but with no display (LED is still pulsing, blank screen). Usually turning the player ap off makes things like ftp work (rather than time out). After a boot, the menus crawl very very slowly. I never had any of these issues before. Is this stuff that I'll get with 2.01 or are these alpha issues?

I'm now at a ReserveCache of 180, up from 50, up from no setting at all. These changes only helped me from getting:

VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for kswapd...
VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for kswapd..
no room for private writable mapping
error: -12

It just doesn't seem like the alphas or 2.01 work too well with extra RAM? Or do I just need to tweak this stuff more? I was going to switch to 2.01 and give up Crossfading, but after reading your post, maybe I shouldn't expect too much of a difference.