Quote:
Isn't this just part of the notify option from config.ini? Or perhaps some debugging data? It does not seem like an error.

You know, I think you're right. I did a search on "serial_notify_thread" and this thread came up. I had posted that and the reply I got was that it was likely a memory error. But now that I've read it more clearly, Peter was referring to the line above it that said, "no room for private writable mapping".

It's still a bummer that I spent all this money getting a memory board and had my player go up in smoke twice because of the fan controller I decided to toss in while it was being worked on. Oh, and one of my LEDs isn't working either. lol. I'm not bitching at all, I guess I'm just conceding that maybe I had unrealistic expectations. The RAM card is more for people that run 3rd party stuff where as I thought it would help me as I build up my collection of music. Then I went with a well meaning, but slightly unlucky service option and now my player is worse off for it. Rob's post about the possibility of electronic component damage really has me worried considering my player going up in smoke twice and the occational low power warning I get in my car.

Those smoke buttons are working great though!