Quote:
But I'd first like you to demonstrate to me exactly how you plan on using it to tag your files.

You know what I would like to see at some point (and I'll concede that it isn't trivial to implement) is the option to download all available lyrics as text files from the lyricdb site and upload them to a directory on the empeg. Then on each track change emphatic pulls the artist, album, and song from /proc/notify (to avoid parsing the mp3 and wasting cpu and ram) and attempts to normalize them (convert to lowercase get rid of "the", etc) and look for a matching lyrics text file. If the file exists then use it, if not (based on a config option) then fall back to the current method of parsing the mp3 or do nothing.

So what if you only get a 50% hit rate due to differences in how people tag tracks? That still means that half your songs (for which there is a lyricdb entry) automatically have lyrics shown without having to go through all this tag and re-upload nastiness. For the other tracks, if you care, you can always tag them by hand.

-Mike