Quote:

If all you want is a version of lrctool that compiles and runs on the empeg, I can probably get that to you at some point. But I'd first like you to demonstrate to me exactly how you plan on using it to tag your files.

Ok, so I hadn't thought through every scenario. In the case of creating your own lyric files with XMMS-SingIt or whatever, you need to have the mp3 file on your PC anyway, so you might as well tag the lyrics onto the mp3 on the PC.

What I wanted to do though wasn't anything as grand as some automated system that would take all the lyrics and match them up with all of the fids on the empeg (though I do like the sound of that!). All I wanted to do was manually ftp every .lrc file to the empeg that I've manually downloaded from the lrcdb website, and then through telnet manually use lrctool on the empeg to tag each .lrc file to the relevant fid file. I would find out the fid numbers, again manually, by searching the database with jEmplode.

Personally I think for say, a hundred lyric files, this will still be much quicker than the other alternative of manually downloading each of the mp3 files off the empeg through jEmplode and tagging them on the PC before re-uploading them to the empeg using the "Replace Tune" option (which unless I'm mistaken, doesn't read in the id3 tags to alter the database attributes, it just replaces the mp3 file, hence alleviating my earlier concerns!).

Ross