Quote:
Plus there are only a few hundred people in this community at most that would actually use it.

Further down the road, my intention is to open up lrcDB to a non-empeg audience. I've already had some trickling in from elsewhere, Google and the like. As the database grows, having a "download my entire site" option is a very bad idea, as people will just be lazy and leech the whole site. Since I'm getting the hosting for free right now, it's not my bandwidth to waste, and I wouldn't have the funds to run the site if the bandwidth got out of control. So, no, I won't be doing that.

Anyway, CPU/RAM usage while reading the MP3 is rather light, the problem is we're doing it at the same time as the player is trying to prime its cache, so it appears that emphatic is slow on track changes. CPU usage is mostly a function of how complex the display mode is.

Furthermore, your LRC file strategy is, as you said, error prone, where embedding the lyrics in the MP3 is very straightforward.

Can you tell I'm not in love with your idea? I really do appreciate the input, but unless I hear from a lot of other people who really want this, I'm going to stick with my original design, where the lyrics are in the MP3.