Quote:
IMHO... Forget all the frufra and turn back the clock, literally. Go buy a good windup.

Sigh. I remember the days when I could oversleep. Sigh....longing....Sigh.

Back when this *was* a problem (sigh.) I found a particularly unassuming brass wind-up alarm clock at the PX made by Junghans that had near-mystical properties.

Mystical properties, you ask? Well, you see, it had been built by Doctor Pavlov himself.

I placed it on a bureau across from the foot of my bed. At the appointed time it gently (I could barely hear it) went "ding"....(5 second pause) ...."ding"...(5 second pause).... "ding".... (5 second pause).... ...and it did this for about 15 "dings".

At which point it went:

DING!, BRIIIING! DING! ASSHOLE! YOUR WHOLE FUCKING LIFE IS OVER SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF BED OR YOUR WHOLE LIFE WILL COLLAPSE INTO ONE GIGANTIC PUS-FILLED BUCKET AND YOU WILL BE SODOMIZED BY A VERY SMELLY PLATOON OF CONVICTS SERVING LIFE SENTENCES FOR, WELL, SODOMY (WHAT ELSE?) DIIIIIING! BRRRRRING!!!!! DING!!!!

Suffice it to say that after precisely two mornings' use, my barely-conscious body never once thence failed to literally explode off of the mattress and shut the clock off before the 3rd gentle "ding".

Operant conditioning is your friend (sometimes).

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.