January 5, 2005

Noel Lee, President
Monster Cable
455 Valley Drive
Brisbane, CA 94005

Dear Mr. Lee:

I am sure you are by now aware of the unethical practices employed by Monster Cable in the "protection" of its trademark. I want you to know that these practices have consequences that will have an adverse effect on your company.

I am a "high end" IASCA competitor, quite successful at it and respected in the stereo community. I can tell you that when I recommend to people that they avoid your products because of your unethical practices, they will listen to me.

I represent the largest-volume stereo shop in interior Alaska in these competitions, and when the owner returns from the CES show in Las Vegas next week, I can tell you that in all likelihood after I speak with him he will cease carrying your products and will spread the word to other shops in the area. He is a self-admitted gun-loving red-necked first-amendment protection type of person and will not countenance your ill-advised behavior.

I realize that you probably sell more Monster Cables in a single day in Los Angeles than in an entire year in Alaska, so my threat to ostracize your products isn't going to cause you to lose too much sleep. But be aware that the "Boycott Monster" movement is growing on the internet and may yet have results beyond your most pessimistic expectations.

You know the expression, "As you sow..."

Be prepared to reap the whirlwind.

Sincerely,

Douglas Burnside