I have several problems with that article. First off, any movie file is going to be a minimum of a gig or more of data if it doesn't comprimise heavially on quality including subtitles and 5.1 surround sound tracks. So downloads are not going to be quicker then just going to Blockbuster.

The Mac Mini also lacks 5.1 surround out, and a component video out. He seems to think DVI will be good enough, but many US TVs still only have analog inputs. Sure, an optional adaptor can add composite and S-Video, but the 5.1 problem has to be addressed via a USB sound card.

Lastly, the 40 or 80 gig hard drive could be a limiting factor as well. If they release HD movies, it could be a minimum of 4 gigs per movie. And since not every Mac Mini comes with a DVD burner, people would have no way to back up these files.

I guess some people expect something more then a basic computer. I guess everyone expects Apple to follow Microsoft since MS seems to be hyping Media Center systems every chance they get, even though the media center boxes aren't selling all that well.