It's not importing into Excel that's of benefit. it can be easily placed into a database. it's all about the editing. I have about 80000 rows and 6-10 columns. The first column indicates where the data came from (let's say 6 different IDs there), then we have a BRAND column, a MODEL column, category column and then a few columns of other stats like Part No, Equiv Part No. etc.. I need to sort by one or more columns to put the rows into different grouped blocks to weed out duplicates on select columns and copy/merge data from select cells. A lot of entries are missing information. I'm using these groupings to be able to fill in some of the missing info. Such as category after sorting by model - where I can then highlight a range of rows and change the category contents for just those items.

This is super easy to do with a spreadsheet. With a database lacking a spreadsheet-like interface, it would require custom queries be created and then custom code for the different merging functions and more work for fills, etc. I don't know how to link up Excel to a DB back end right now. In the end this data will be used as part of a much bigger DB with a lot more info and things will be linked in many more complex ways than simply by row and manual sorting. But we're not there yet and need to process this data to get some other work done.

Bruno