Yes, I did run into the 120 GB hard drive limitation. But, actually, the more I've filled up my 120 GB drive, the more unstable my Central (and Rio Receivers) have become. I actually think I've run into some sort of system or RAM issue now on the Central.

For example, during December I swapped out my 120 GB Central disk and replaced it with a 40GB drive that has all my Christmas CDs on it. The Christmas drive had about 8-10 GB of tunes on it. It was great, the performance was fast, it was fast to callup songs on the Rio Receiver, jEmplode was fast when I would select the Central and read in the database.

It reminded me how sluggish my Central had become with 90+ GB of tunes on it. I noticed after Christmas when I plugged my main HD back in that the Central had become sluggish, sometimes the Rio Receiver would lock up or hang, or not want to play music correctly. I tried different Rio Receivers, etc. All signs kinda pointed back to my Rio Central, and I thought it might be because it was so full of music that I was having trouble.

I've come to the conclusion that you can't really use all of the 120 GB hard drive on the Central and still get good performance...

For my new project of ripping ALL of my CDs on the Central and then copying them to my PC to get all of my MP3s in one place, I started by building a brand new 120 GB drive, but once I filled it to 30% then I fixed up the titles and copied all the music over to my PC. It took about 26-27 hours for that first batch, but everything worked and the file names came out just as I planned:

{Genre} - {Artist} - {Year} - {Source} - {Tracknr:2} - {Title}{ext}

So now I'm working on a second batch with a fresh 120GB drive and the new 1.10 Central software. When it gets partially filled, then I'll copy that HD over to my PC and keep going until I get all the songs. Then I'll have a few 120 GB drives that I can plug into my Centrals (all of my Centrals have removable drive bays).

My goal is to get my entire CD collection (approximately 3,000 CDs) ripped on the Central and then copied to one place on my PC. The Central does a great job of ripping, the titles just need some touchups afterwards...

So, anyways, I guess my comment would be that if you're going to look into getting a larger drive to work on the Central, then I think there are other issues to deal with as well.

And, of course, you're probably read my other Central postings here where I've outlined my efforts to get a larger HD to work. I've tried every different trick I could think of, but the Central flat out won't boot from anything larger than 120GB, no matter how it is set up.

From our previous thread, if I remember, the conclusion we reached is that the large HD support is not built into the boot firmware in the Central...And it won't boot with two hard drives either....What ideas did you have?

Thanks, Randy