Hi there, this is my first post so go easy on me ;-)

I've just had my Rio MK2A fitted to my car today. It was working fine in the house off the adaptor but in the car, it kept blowing the fuse on the yellow power wire or blanking out for a couple of seconds before returning.

Higher volumes seemed to provoke this behaviour.

I noticed that the blue wire (remote amp?) was slightly loose and had a tendancy to pop out. I've taped it in place until I get the chance to properly rewire it (as per the FAQ's) into the connector and I put a 5A fuse in to replace the 3A one (I know this is a bad idea, but I didn't have any 3A's to hand and will replace this fuse over the weekend!).

Since taping the wire in place, the unit works at low volumes (I've not turned it up high until I get the 3A fuse back in there in case I damage something). However, once it seemed to mute itself - the screen was still on and the track was playing but no sound was coming from the unit. Putting it onto standby and then firing it up again seemed to cure the problem.

I'm hoping that all the problems I've experienced have been down to this bad connection alone, does this sound feasible?

Thanks,

Euan.