Quote:

Quote:
Solution: fit a relay to the amp and use the blue power enable line to turn on the relay.

Are you also connecting the blue wire to a powered antenna? If so, same rule applies.

Thanks for this advice, much appreciated. I'll give this a whirl if the loose connection proves not to clear this issue up. How easy is it to wire a relay to the amp? Will I need to run some more cables to the amp to do this? I'm not sure on the antenna front, but I could ask the guy who fitted it.

Easy - no new wires required through the car, but some back by the amp(s) etc hould be rewired a bit.

The relay needs tobe hooked up to constant +12V (to terminal 30) - can be taken from the amp +12V supply from the battery . Where you tap in, add a fuse appropriate for the wire gauge used.

To control the relay you hook up the remote wire from the headunit to terminal 85 instead of directly to the amps. Connect terminal 86 to ground.

From terminal 87 on the relay you go to all tuff that should be turned on by the remote wire ( amp remote inputs, power antenna control, cooling fans, lighting etc )

As an extra precaution, also wire in a diode (for instance 1N4001) across terminals 85 & 86, anode to the grounded terminal (86). If the relay already has an internal diode - some do - check that I didn't confuse which way 85 and 86 should be wired...
If there isn't an internal diode, it desn't matter, it works both ways...

More on relays for instance here and here