Also, for anyone looking to get a WRX, I have to recomend this:

Imagine if when you purchased your WRX, there was a little checkbox for a $595 option that included the following:

1) 260HP / 260 ft-lbs (instead of 227hp)
2) A security device that would make your car impossible to start when activated.
3) Better fuel economy during normal operation.
4) The ability to put your car into "valet-mode" so that anyone driving your car could not rev the engine past 4,000rpm or get full use out of the turbo.
5) Even better fuel economy when the car is put into "Economy mode" during highway drives.
6) The ability to go back to "stock" with the press of a button.
7) Full upgradability to all of the above features via serial port whenever upgraded features are released or when you make changes to your car such as exhaust, bigger turbo or injectors.

And you can install it on your car in 20 minutes with NO TOOLS.

I'm not making it up. It's the Cobb Accessport. You'd be in good company too: In addition to myself, several other empeg owners have one of these including my friend Nate and Jim Hogan (I think Loren ordered one too?).

When I installed my VF30 turbo and injectors, I was able to load a free, specially configured map on my accessport in the matter of seconds and drive away with 320hp!

The AccessPort is also available for the Forester XT, STi, Legacy GT and Outback XL.