By "almost recall" I simply meant "Technical Bulletin" but couldn't think of the right word before hitting the "Submit" button. It only affected 2002 WRXs, and only the first few thousand of them. In very cold weather (VERY), I could detect a slight gas smell when I started my car. When I brought it in, they knew the cause because Subaru had issued a repair process for it and told dealerships to keep an eye out for it. It was never a safety issue, and was never wide spread, so there was no recall. ## I forgot to tell them that I have an aftermarket fuel pump that is putting my fuel system under a higher pressure, but I doubt they (my dealership, not Subaru) would have cared since it was a "known issue".

Anyone who has a 2005 WRX has the benefit of 4 years of experience that Subaru has gained from making the WRX. I got mine in 2001 and it was the first year they had made the "New Age" Impreza. Since then, they have made slight improvements to the suspension, refinded the interior and offered more options.

The 9-2x isn't selling that well, so you may find one with a really nice price on it. I love the look of the exterior and on the inside, you can't really tell you're NOT in a Subaru. Especially when you hit the gas. The best of both worlds!

Nearly all of the "go fast" bolt on parts for the WRX will fit the Saab (I never thought I'd modify my car, but once I got it, it was hard to resist) except for the computer related stuff like thte Accessport. I guess the ECU isn't the same, and since there are fewer of them on the road, not many companies are researching it. This may have changed since I read into it a year ago.

With the bezel, you won't be able to tell it's cut when everything is in, but I admit, I was nervous as hell when I did it. If it weren't for Jim's photos, I probably would have chickened out.

TIP: When cutting the bezel, apply painter's tape to the surface. You can use this to "draw" your cut lines. I then used a razorr blade to trace these lines so that if the paint chipped, it would chip on that line. Then, you simply "cut and test", "cut and test" until you get a snug fit. You can always get a new bezel if something bad happens.

PS: If you've never driven a turbo car before, you may wonder what all the fuss is about with the WRX at first (like I did). The car feels kinda "dead" when not over 3,000 rpm. Once you get the hang of it, you'll always know what gear to be in so you're always in that sweet spot - then the car will really come alive. It may "feel" slow until you get the hang of it, but remember, they can do 5.4 second 0-60 times stock.