I've been trying very hard to get the EMPEG into my '05 LGT. I've talked to some very good installer/fabricators the the bottom line is this: The sled is too wide to fit in the cubby above the radio stack, if it is hacked up enough it will interfer with the vent movement.

The stock radio and climate controls are integrated and share a common PCB. The radio cannot be removed without killing the AC so the cool double din parts you can get from AVO Turbo World are a) useless and b) will not fit in left hand drive cars.

Summary : You can fit a single or double dine ISO sized unit in the cubby, depending on how much fab work you want to undertake due to the dash supports directly behind it. But the EMPEG is just too fat.

Just for laughs I looked at the various hard disk based offerings from Sony, Pioneer and Eclipse. What a joke. They actually exepct the user to sit in their car and rip CDs. The Sony guys are the ones with a ton of gall: they let you "check out" music from the head unit onto their less than useless "Magic Gate" DRM memory stick. WTF, eh?

It baffles me to this day that someone has not cloned the EMPEG and shrunk it down a bit to fit in these wee ISO-DIN sockets without cutting.

Anyway it looks like the EMPEG goes in the wifes car and I get , well, something. I'm still searching. Nothing is a cool as the EMPEG and it is a shame I cannot stuff it in my car.

This all makes Mobile Audio Awareness Panda VERY sad!