Hey guys;
I've been searching round but havent found any info on anyone considering this, so forgive me if it is covered somewhere that I couldnt find.

Is there a way with hijack or some other software to share the playlists as a filesystem. I know that the playlists can re-use the same file, which is effectively the same as a hard link.

This would mean that my linux box could mount the playlist structure and I could easily file browse the structures.

Is there are reason this hasnt been done yet? It only needs to be read only, as I understand that handling copying new files in etc would be a bit trickyer (tho maybe not impossible). Is NFS/SMB too bulky for the empeg?

The problem that I am trying to combat is this: XMMS has lesser handling ofr HTTP mp3 streams - it cant skip thru the song via the duration slider, and I can't drag and drop the stream links on to the xmms playlist from firefox - in windows/winamp I can do both, making playlist building (in winamp) easy.

If the files were on my local file system XMMS would handle both these. Anyone got any suggestions on how they achieve these tasks in Linux?