I really like Top Gear, but even I have to admit that I thought that when the programme aired they were taking a few liberties. I can't really remember it doing any damage to the tree, but they also caught it on a wall and from memory they did knock a little bit off, I'd be ticked off if I saw somebody doing that to my wall!

If they'd have done it out in the middle of knowhere nobody would have batted an eyelid or compained.

I remember thinking when the other programme aired where he took the land rover up the side of the mountain that there would be complaints. I really don't think they needed to do that, it was a bit of a shame that they did it, but I'm sure it didn't take long for the area to recover.

The people who watch the programme are into cars, they watch top gear because they like what they see, I can't believe for a single minute that anybody who watched those programmes would drive their car into a tree or drive it up the side of a boggy mountain!

I can't see what you'd achieve by banning it, it's entertainment, people don't watch it figure out what car they're going to buy next! I'm sure the guys are loving this little bit of press and it'll be mentioned in the upcoming series.

(plus they blow up caravans which really seals the deal!)

Edited by sn00p (12/04/2005 19:10)