Quote:
I quite like the idea of not having to have a car, I wish our transport system was good enough so I could get everywhere I want to go with what I want to take there, but we are a very long way off that.

So be honest, I don't think we'd ever acheive that. Until someone gets teleportation working. The only time I've ever really been able to do without a car was when I lived in Ealing. The tube station was 5 minutes walk from my house and busses were frequent. Although I did used to get a taxi home at night after work (paid for by the company).

The other big issue is the rounding up and extermination of nutters and scallies. These two groups alone make public transport unusable for me. You only have to meet one schizophrenic heroin addict on a train to really turn you off the whole idea. That happened when I was a student returning to uni from visit home. I bought a car shortly afterwards.

Maybe Ford should use it as the basis for an advert.... 'Tired of being stabbed on the Bus by someone who thinks you're Satan? The 2005 Ford Focus.... Nutter free in the UK since 1903....'

Andy M