Quote:
Annoyingly the Subaru-ISO adapter has been back ordered.

So, my Subaru-ISO adapter finally arrived. When it arrived I realised that it looked extremely familiar, a cable with exactly the same connectors already connects the stock Philips headunit to the Subaru loom (unless perhaps the ISO looking end is wired oddly or something).

Anyway, I now have a couple of extra questions.

The adapter has the Subaru loom plug on one end and the two ISO plugs on the other. It is obvious to me that I should plug one of the ISO plugs into the empeg loom.

The other ISO plug has the speaker connections on it. I obviously don't have anything to plug this into. Should I just cut the speaker connections from the ISO plug and splice the outputs from my amp in (so that I am still using the stock speaker cables in the Subaru loom) ?

The other question is regarding the amp remote wire. The wire is present on the adapter, going from the ISO plug to the Subaru one. I obviously need to run that to my amp. I'm guessing I should just cut the wire on the adapter and then crimp it back together with my amp remote wire ?

When I find some time later this week I will have a go at an install, just need a lump of MDF to mount the amp now.