7 years and one month after I received my first empeg, I finally installed an empeg in my Scooby on Friday.

It was a rush job, as I couldn't face a third Euro meet without an empeg installed in the car. I started at 10am and finished at 4pm, as it was my first every car stereo install I thought that was ok.

I cut a few corners, as I was short on time. So the rear speakers aren't connected, the amp is just sitting unsecured under the passenger seat and all the cables need cutting down to length.

I do however have one major problem with the install. The Subaru ISO adapter seems to have some problems. The memory line and ignition line both have a voltage on them when the ignition is off. One has 14 and a bit volts, the other 12 and a bit (I can't remember which was which).

Rory says that his Scooby adapter had the same problem and he had to make some changes to the adapter. He is going to dig out the details of the changes that he made.

I don't know if it caused by this odd wiring, but the empeg exhibits odd behaviour. It will power up, but only runs for 15 seconds or so. After that time it goes to sleep and when you wake it up it comes back with the low battery symbol on. Using the tuner it can survive several minutes before going to sleep.

RobS said he couldn't see how the permenant ignition voltage could cause this behaviour.

If the wiring fixes don't sort things out I'll have to investigate further.