I thought this movie was great. I generally despise superhero movies (I loved The Incredibles, but that was more of a spoof), but I thought this was excellent. It was as good as a superhero movie can get, in my opinion.

I thought there were a couple of bad plot holes, especially a specifc absurd technical flaw which I won't spoil for anyone in this thread. The last love-interest scene made no sense either.

What was fantastic was the development of the Batman/Wayne character. This was so believable and well done. You relate to Wayne as a human being, not as a as an inhuman, supernatural or radiologically mutated creature.

I think this is what makes the technical absurdities so hard to deal with. The emotions and humaity are so real that the lack of technical realism doesn't sit right. I don't go to a movie like this expecting scientific realism (of course!) but there was something jarring about it in this movie for me.

I'm not commenting at all about the super powers. That was all fantastic and "real", or at least believable.

Anyhow, I thought the movie was great. I went to see it because it was a Nolan film. I think Memento is an absolutely perfect movie. I can't wait for his next!

Jim