Quote:
I'm amazed you went into it with your expectations set by those two horrible films!
More like they set my interest level . . . I just wasn't excited to see another Batman movie. And while I've liked the two movies of Christopher Nolan's I've seen (Ok, LOVED Memento), that's not enough of a run to know if a director's got the magic touch. Insomnia was decent enough and the character developmen was above par, but I don't own it on DVD or anything. Also, I had no idea who Christian Bale was. But it was Nolan that actually pushed me to go see the movie.

The Burton films were great (I enjoyed the second one was well), but they were definitely Burton. Shumacher trying to do Burton was a bad idea. Heck, Nolan trying to do Burton would be a bad idea as well.

Funny thing is, it's like Nolan said "here'rs a nutty idea- let's just make this a movie- you know, with character development, a plot, and some action thrown in for kicks". What a concept!