I'm amazed you went into it with your expectations set by those two horrible films! Just look at the cast and there's no possibility it could be as bad as casting Ahhnold as Mr Freeze. That still pisses me off.

I absolutely loved the movie. I've been waiting for this Batman film for a long time, and while the '89 film was pretty dark, it was nothing compared to this. I was also pretty young when I first saw it, and thought for a long time that the Joker killed the Waynes in the comics. Of course, that movie also killed him off, which is far from what happens.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic. I really need to see the movie again and take it all in again. I went into the theater expecting greatness, and it was exactly what I expected it to be. I knew Christian Bale was going to be my favorite movie Batman (for me, Kevin Conroy is Batman). I knew that the Scarecrow would be a great choice, though when the movie was going along, I was skeptical at how they could pull it off, but then he did his thing on Falcone and it certainly gave me a jump. I even expected Katie Holmes to do a sufficient job as the typical damsel in distress, and she performed her duty. The whole cast was excellent.

Anyway, like I said, a job well done.