Quote:
I continue to think that it's a terrible controller, if you couldn't tell.

I'll wait to judge it until after I actually try using it. I thought the GameCube controller looked very odd when it was first shown off, but it ended up working out well after getting some hands on game time with it. And hey, if the new Revolution controller doesn't work out, I can plug in my existing investment in Gamecube controllers into the new console and use those.

I'll definitely give Nintendo credit for being willing to try something new. Both the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 controllers look like the exact same thing in a newer looking package.

Even the PSP was just a normal evolution of a handheld gaming console. Where as Nintendo thought up the DS with dual screens, a microphone, and touch screen that seems to actually be working well in the market place. I think gamers in general are very tired of rehashed ideas, and when a company is willing to innovate a bit on the hardware, the developers will run with that to at least make a few new and cool things. Even if you don't like Nintendogs, there are quite a few other games making use of the DS hardware that manage to pull gamers in. I saw this by simply letting a few people play the Kirby game on the DS at Quakecon. That got more use then the PSP and the games I had for that while we all waited in line.