Hi there!

I hope you guys can help me out a bit here... I think I got everything right, but then again my empeg behaves kinda strange....

My car is a Golf GTI mk4 from 2001, so natually I bought a ISO converter since the red and yellow wire are swapped on VW's... So far so good...

I then cut the Orange wire, and splice the amplifier remote on connector to it... and this works OK, it turns on when I turn the key, and off when I turn off the ignition...
The I cut the blue wire (Antenna) and splice it with the blue wire from my Tuner module, and the antenna amplifier aswell... Great.. now it seams to work OK... BUT when I turn the ignition off, the Empeg and the Tuner modules doesn't turn off... Now I know that you can set the empeg to remain powered on for some time after the ignition has been turned off, but I think I remember it should do a smooth flash with the diode.. which it doesn't.. it just blanks the display, stops playing music, but the diode stays lit.. no fading or anything.. and it stays like this forever..

Have I done something wrong here ?

Also I have some problems with noise from the engine, but I think I will tackle the above problem first... They may be related...

I have my amplifier in the booth, and the positive wire going in the left side of the car from the battery to the amplifier, and the nagative going from the apmlifier to groud, a big bolt in the chasie...
The cables for the front/rear and left/right are running in the right side of the car, along with the cables going back from the amplifier to the speaker ISO connector within the dash..

I'm asking for a bit of help here, as I have been working on this problem for two weeks now, and I'm getting tires of all the cables hanging around while driving :-(....

I have been playing my empeg connected to my home apmlifier, and here it works OK...

If needed I could take some pictures of specific areas of the installation...

Kind regards,
Heino Walther