I have the 625- I had the old one and they wouldn't let me upgrade to the new one. I complained that I'd been a customer for years, but they said it was "for new customers only". I hate that crap. So I asked to cancel my subscription. The guy was shocked (I don't know why) and asked why I'd want to cancel. At any rate, he transferred me and the cancelation lady upgraded me almost instantly. Now we have the 625 and I love it.

But that doesn't answer the questions.

1. Season passes- it has them and we use them. You can have it record a show any time it comes on, either for a single channcel or on any channel. You can also have it set up to get only new episodes (we have the "new episodes" feature turned off, however, so I can't comment on how well it works). You just have to be careful with something like "Law & Order" because if you have it record all episodes of that you'll fill up your 96 hours (or whatever) in no time!

2. Suggestions- nope- doesn't have them. It only records what you tell it to.

Quote:
Also does anyone know if the Tivo will control the non pvr dish tuner.

You won't need the non-pvr dish tuner, believe it or not. That's the really cool thing about this unit. The single will control two different TVs with seperate signals through the cable in your house. What this means is you can watch a show you recorded from one TV on your other TV. That is an unbelieveably cool feature that I didn't even think would work until I saw it in action. I figured we were getting two units, one with a duel tuner and our old one, right up until the installer yanked out both of our old units.

Quote:
Dish says it comes with a UHF remote so it doesn't sound like it has IR.
They've got to be UHF because the remote for the TV not next to the tuner has to be able to control it from that room- which in our current house is on a different story, opposit end of the house. The only thing you have to worry about is that the remotes are so powerful you might get into a war with your neighbors! This actually happened to us, but we were quickly able to change the frequency of the controls so that was no longer an issue.

Edited by JeffS (03/11/2005 11:04)