Ok here's what happened.

When I moved in I got internet from mediacom for 40 dollars a month and they wanted more for the digital cable than dish or directv charged so I decided to get a satellite.

I was looking at dish because they don't require a contract but the power of tivo was too great so I went with directv and an h10 tivo. Directv said I had seven days then I would be on a contract for two years. I signed up for total choice plus with the dvr for a total of 55 dollars a month.

So with the internet and satellite it was about 100 bucks a month after taxes.

Two days after I get the directv hooked up some guy from mediacom comes to my door with an offer for satellite customers. They would give me digital cable and internet for 55 bucks including all the equipment for 24 months with no contract.

So I since I was within the seven days I dropped directv and got cable from mediacom.

I also got the motorola pvr from mediacom just to try it. Yes it sucks I was planning on trying for a few days but I don't think it will last the night.

• There is no 30 second skip.
  • The guide only shows an hour and a half and four channels without scrolling.
  • The fast forward and rewind take too long to start and stop
  • No suggestions of course
  • The button layout on the remote is awful

Matt