Quote:
How can you escape it more in a bar than in a movie theater?

I guess when I go to a bar, it's under the assumption that my clothes will smell like smoke when I get home. It just comes with the territory and I take it as part of my choice when I decide to go to a bar or not. I know a lot of people that only have a smoke when they are having a drink and I don't see a reason to deny them that. If it bugs me, I can go to a smoke free bar or to a restaurant that has a bar. I just see it as more appropriate in a bar than in a theater.

EDIT: (Added this instead of spamming the thread w. multiple posts.) My guess is that this will not lead to people quitting smoking (as implied or hoped for). It will instead lead to a large group of people not going to bars, restaurants or concerts anymore.

Imagine some dingy bar on the wrong side of the tracks. You have all these patrons, the workers and the owner wanting to let everyone have a smoke with their beer but they aren't allowed to because some people who will never ever visit that bar, even if it's smoke free, decided they don't like when someone smokes within 20 feet of them. Something just seems wrong.

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (05/01/2006 12:50)