I found out that there is a company (and there are probably others) who is the subcontracted calling organization for many many national and local charities.

Here's the interesting part. You can't ask them to put you on "Do Not Call" for all their charities. You have to tell them specifically which ones.

I had around 5 calls from these same guys over a month or so for 5 different charities. Each time I asked to be put on "do not call" for that charity.

Finally I went to their website to get a list of all the charities they handle so I could have them all blocked. There are THOUSANDS of them. And they break them down to the finest granularity possible to make it hard for you. For example, "Red Cross of Miami" "Red Cross of Southern Florida" "Red Cross of Florida" "Red Cross of Eastern US" "National Red Cross" might all be SEPARATE charities requiring separate blocking.

In other words, this company WILL keep hounding you forever no matter what and there is not much you can do about it.

Can't remember the name or website of this "soliciting organization" offhand. If they ever start bugging me again, I'll try to document it here.

Quick Sidetrack: Here is an example of how I am becoming a "cranky old man" at my young age.

There are a number of charities that I regularly contribute to and have for years. Every time they call, I remind them that I NEVER respond to any solicitations by phone, and that if they send me a letter, I'll contribute in December just like I always do, but they should never contact me by phone ever again (and by the way, don't waste postage and paper sending me multiple requests in the first 9 months of the year, just spend that money on the actual CHARITY instead).

Anyway, here's the old man crankiness part. One particular charity called me on the phone and bugged me anyway. I remembered that last year they had done the same thing, then had apologized profusely and promised they wouldn't call me again.

Yet they still did. Again.

So I reduced my yearly contribution way down to a token $10 or so and told them why. I bet they STILL call me on the phone next year. Idiots.

I love the cause, but I hate their fundraisers!