Quote:
calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship

That justifies all your mortgage related calls and junk mail. Nope, mortgage companies aren't happy getting 50's of thousands of dollars from you; they have to sell your information to everyone under the sun.

It's both comedic and unnerving that I get letters from other mortgage companies wanting to service my loan when I KNOW they got my address from my mortgage. How do I know? My mortgage company spelled my name slightly wrong; so every mail with that wrong spelling is likely thanks to them.

But back to phones. When anyone or anything asks for my phone number, I just enter my fax line. So, when my personal information is sold like a sack of cheap rice, any and all telemarketers get an ear full of WEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHKGKGKGKGKGKGKKGKGK. Bitches.

Oh, and my university (employer) distributes an "employee charitable donation" book annually. The book makes a phone book look like a fast food menu. Being nice to anyone will likely land you in a world of hurt.

And don't forget, the DMA (direct marketing association) is always "leasing" your information to anyone, and unsubscription takes 9 months, if you can get your written request to them without it being Returned To Sender. Such bitches.