Quote:
I get the battery icon to come up when I'm driving with my headlights on and then step on the brake or switch on the turn signal.
It's annoying, to say the least, but I haven't yet exhausted my possible problem areas- such as grounding issues (as mentioned above).
I also have a nasty 'alternator whine', which usually points directly to grounding issues.

It makes me wonder, though... would a capacitor in the power circuit smooth out such voltage fluctuations?

I should have been more specific before, I cheated when doing my Jeep install and used the grounding bolt for the door switch. I later attached the black wire for the player power to the steel dash sub frame. (as a side note in my VW it has a cool star thing for quick connects in the same basic location as the Jeeps ground bolt for the same thing plus about 20 other things, but without the battery warning issues.) On the subject of alternator whine, I have a strange digital squealing on startup most times that eventualy goes away.

Alternator whine can also be caused by a leaky or bad rectifier diode in the alternator.