OK, I love VW/Audi products, but I could not justify S4 money for a car that would spend most of its life in the garage at the airport. So, my GTI replacement?? A 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. Drove one today and immediately put my money down for a silver 5-speed sedan ($400 over invoice -- ask me where) for May delivery. What a hoot of a car. Anybody want to buy a loyal GTI 16V with 111K miles??

The WRX comes with a double-DIN radio-cum-CD player. I want to make room for the Empeg, but want to keep a generic head unit in the car for daily trips to the grocery -- I may only put the Empeg in the car for longer road trips. A cool thing, I see that the Sony XA39 head unit switcher is listed for sale on Crutchfield (I thought it was no longer produced) so I may use that to allow 2 head units -- OR I could have Empeg feed the optional AUX inputs of a Kenwood (or other) head unit. I think of Kenwood because they seem to have the best combo of hidden/coded/removable faceplates. .

I guess my biggest questions is whether I can jam 2 single-DIN units ( the Empeg plus a Kenwood CD/Radio) into the stock double-DIN spot in the WRX. I figured I'd start this thread in case folks have other brainstorms WRT Subaru installations.

Thoughts??? Thanks. Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.