FYI, CarTalk is also available on a "Pay per Episode" basis, but I like this program much better. There is no way to control the volume of the recordings since your soundcard is never involved but I have put a request in for that feature since the captured audio has to be converted to mp3 (or WAV) anyway. In fact, Car Talk is one of the stations that comes in kind of "quiet" but the quality is much better than the AM radio streams.

One feature that I barely mentioned is the life "Stream Capture Mode". It is used to capture audio or video embedded on a web page. When you engage this, a new window pops up with an empty screen. At this point, you click on the web page's link that bring about the audio or video. Next, the blank screen will show any urls that lead to media. This is great for "streaming only" content that normally can not be downloaded. I used to spend time weeding through html code by doing a View Source but sometimes that only led me to a playlist file on a server. I use this feature all the time to capture interviews and whatnot. And ReplayAV will convert to mp3 for me as well! Normally, I'd also have launched Cool Edit Pro, previewed the audio, adjusted my recording level, hit record, restarted the audio, end recording, trim the file and finally normalize. Talk about a pain in the ass! ReplayAV is much easier and also lets me download content I was never able to before.