Quote:
I would be interested in hearing what your experiences with the NHS have been

Ireland was voted, I think, 25 out of 26 for healthcare standards, with only Lithuania behind, and yet with a problem we had in Killarney, last week, my wife was seen in less than 5 minutes, diagnosed and treated within half an hour, so I can't criticise.
Similarly, in the UK it is really about personal experience: Until I retired last year, my diabetes treatment was done, expensively, privately. I now go through the NHS and was surprised to find the treatment, and available equipment, to be superior - and if I have a problem, I see the same consultant that I saw privately, for free!

Tahir is right about layers and layers of management ( In business I supplied the NHS for 40 years and saw administrators become 40 grand senior managers overnight, and work done by a couple of dedicated people handed to whole cohorts under the trust regime), but link that to political meddling and those are the two problems: No good justifying your health policies by throwing money at the problem, it almost inevitably ends up in the wrong places.

However, nice to hear the cats on the mend.

I agree, if we want to expand on healthcare, it needs a new thread.