I am just amazed at the time and effort that you and other developers have put into your empegs (logo editor etc). It may have been for yourselves at first, but they have really been created so well (and are continuing in that development), that they really enrich the whole "empeg/riocar experience" for everyone.

I tell everyone that this BBS was my main reason for buying the empeg. No matter how great the product was (upgradable, database mngmt, burr-brown, capacity, etc) I was still warry of buying from a company that I didn't know and that could possibly go under one day. That is less of a concern now because of Rio's dominance in the marketplace. But, not only is the BBS a great way to get "unofficial support" and contribute to future development via user suggestions, it showed me that there are dedicated owners out there. So, even if empeg was never bought out and went out of business, I felt that there would be enough fellow owners out there to help with any issues that I may have.

So, if there wern't people like you guys out there writing software to work with the empeg, I don't think I would have bought one. I would have thought it was a great product designed by very creative and quality people, but I don't know if that would have been enough to drop nearly $2000 US.

Considering how much you guys have added to the value of empeg/riocar, I am sure Hugo or Rob or someone wouldn't mind giving you a little "inside info" on a confidential basis (such as: We're already working on this, spend more time with your wife) so you wouldn't waste your time reinventing the wheel.

Again, because of all this, I wouldn't mind paying a registration fee. Maybe you could even "bundle" some software such as the logo editor and make some sort of empeg suite! :) Then, put it on http://www.download.com and retire in Utah!

12gig Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com