Quote:

One thing I'd like to see changed in its next dot-upgrade: Avoiding multiple streets. Let's say I've already told it to route me sans-freeways to avoid traffic jams. Okay, great. Now it puts me on a sidestreet that's also jammed. I punch in "avoid this street" and it does so. But then let's say the street it routes me down is ALSO jammed. If I punch in "avoid THAT street", it re-routes me down the first street. (even though I know for a fact there's a third option it's not giving me.) In other words, it can only remember how to avoid ONE street, and as soon as I try to punch in a second street to avoid, it forgets I'd told it to avoid the first one.

Which is exactly the sort of feature that TomTom has had for forever, if only it had the right map data for you

You can even tell TomTom to avoid cities and towns or permanently exclude it from a give areas.

P.S. one area of map data that TomTom is lousy for even in the UK is points of interest data. Its selection of gas stations, rest stops, restaurants etc is hopelessly out of date.