Quote:
I still remember this quote from you a few years back:

The key phrase there is "...a few years back."

Since that time, Clear Channel bought us, and understandably they had us use their own software so that they could get the same reporting information across all of their stations.

I won't go into detail*, except to say that it is very likely the worst software I have ever had to use. It was designed by top management and the emphasis is entirely on reporting capabilities. My workload with this software has more than doubled, and the quality of the work I can produce is at best 70% of what it was before.

It isn't fun any more.

*OK. One detail. A simple change in the software that would take perhaps half a day by one of their programmers to implement (I was told this by their truly excellent tech support people) would cut my workload (and the workload of perhaps 600 other people) by about 40% will not be implemented, because it would also require re-writing a report generator that produces a report that is completely useless in running a radio station and could only be of interest through idle curiosity to management -- but you just don't mess with corporate reports. Another detail (OK, don't get me started!): Periodic "upgrades" to the software inevitably make things worse -- they add more capabilites, don't fix the problems, two days after the last upgrade I compiled and sent a detailed list and description of the 50 most urgent items needing attention, got a polite response thanking me for my input... and that's it.

It really, truly isn't fun any more.

tanstaafl.