Well that's some good feedback, I'd say.

I've tried Eclipse on Windows and didn't care for it. I don't need a cross-platform, bulky, slow, do-everything app in times I just want to get some PHP written. I don't really need a full-on IDE for doing scripting...I just want something fairly lightweight that has all the features I like out of an editor. I don't know anything about XCode, tho.

At the moment I'm using EngInSite Editor for PHP because it's got some nifty features I haven't seen in other apps, especially the navigator pane. It is, however, a very bulky IDE and buggy and an unending source of frustration for me. Once in a while I'll spend a day installing and trying out a handful of other code editors, but I've gotten spoiled by the cool things in Enginsite. But I digress.

At the very least, I'm starting to feel comfortable that a Mac Pro will do very well at replacing the Linux machine in my office, and taking on what (relatively little) I have that machine doing. If I use it for a while and decide that's all it does as well as my current setup and I still end up running it side-by-side with my Windows machine, it'll end up being a very very costly replacement for a dirt-cheap Linux box.