Quote:
Falling "in and out of stereo" implies that:

-either your local station has not got their EOS/RDS settings right
- your tuner has a bad antenna earth
- your tuner has a bad signal ground
- your tuner might be talking to an active antenna with a bad power feed

Have a go at those first: if your antenna is short and has a coil wrapped around it, it's probably active and you need to wire up a good supply to it - the empeg tuner module doesn't do this.

Thanks! I drive a 2001 F150 which I had the stock radio in it which did not have any issues with RDS from the stations. So I think that the antenna on the tuner side is probably the problem. I did your method of soldering the pigtails to the tuner can. I have even redone this once to see if maybe I missed something. When I redid my antenna connection I even replaced the antenna cable for the kit but had the same results.

I did not have any issues with my reception on the stock radio so I feel confident that my antenna cable and antenna of the truck are good and that it's on the tuner side. I don't think that my truck requires a power antenna, but I will check around some more to be sure. It is a tall mask antenna.

Would an FM booster help me any? I have always thought they were a waste of money but willing to try if they might help.

What is the best way to check the antenna earth and signal ground?