Ok, he she is again with the questions.... I am in the very final stages of my install (V8 MGB Roadster), and it is time to say where I want the sub(s) to go. I have purchased (cheap, through ebay) a 10" Diamond Audio HEX Mac Daddy, but I have also been severely tempted by the Phase-Audio Aliante 10" subs as they seem designed purely for sound quality and also are very thin. The box dimensions given for the Aliante's is a triangle shape, 15" H x 18" W x 10" D (at base - smaller at the top). I'm thinking that one of these would fit very nicely behind my seat, and perhaps another behind the passenger seat. I could cover the boxes in carpet and have an almost invisible install. But how do subs behind seats in a convertible sound? Anyone know? I have also read good things about the JL Audio MicroSub - at least size-wise. I could also fit one of these behind the seat, but it's an 8" speaker so perhaps I should stick with the Aliante. I don't see the JLA winning any 'best of' SQ awards either... Have also read of folks sticking these in the passenger foot well, but I'm not at all keen - my usual passenger is 6' - and I don't think it would look nice, anyhow. I do still have the HEX however, and although I'm sure this would require an enclosure too big to fit behind the seat, I could possibly get it in the boot (I've built a fake 'lift up' floor which serves the dual purpose of hiding the spare wheel / cables _and_ giving a nice solid flat platform for the amp to mount to) - I expect there would be sufficient room under this panel next to the spare for the HEX to be enlosed. But a single 10 at the back of the boot? Probably not going to sound so good (remembering that my engine is really f---ing loud! : ) Has anyone got any advice on any of this? I would really like to go with the behind-the-seats option... Also, any views on 1 or 2 10's? I don't want overkill - just loud clear sound. To recap: McIntosh MCC446 (6-ch) and Diamond Audio HEX 5's up front. Thanks again guys! I promise you can all have a spin in the roadster when she's done! (one at a time) Sally