Quote:

I generally just do: arm-empeg-linux-gcc -static file.c

Cheers

I've looked at the kernel and analyzed the seeburg pulse train. It looks like I can use the system timer to sample the CTS/headlight line and "read" the seeburg pulses.

I'll add a small/fast amount of code to the reset_timer (SA1100/time.h) routine. every tick I'll check to set if the seeburg line (CTS) has gone low. if it has, I'll have the code log the OSCR register and CTS bit for the next 250 ticks into a small buffer(250*4). Once 250 ticks have been collected, the buffer is flagged as ready and the code returns to waiting for the seeburg line to go low.

A simple charater driver will retrive the OSCR tick buffer and make it available in userspace. The userspace app will parse the time stamps, determine the button press, index the playlist and queue the FID.

w.r.t building the kernel, I noticed in menuconfig that loadable module support is not enabled. Does the Hijack kernel support loadable modules? Can I just turn it on and recomple the kernel? When I build a new kernel, can I boot it without burning it to flash? If I have to burn it to flash, what's the de-brick proceedure?

Thanks,

-Techtom