Quote:
1) Eagle in full stoop

Long lens, fast camera and multiple shots. Could have been taken at a zoo or other place with a birds of prey show. The image didn't impress me at all since I've seen others like it so many times. Nothing terribly artistic about it.

Quote:
2) Dragonfly in flight in focus

It was one of the few images that didn't remind me of 100 others. But still not a terribly exciting photo. If you're at a location with a lot of dragonfly action you can make that photo with a fast camera and a decent lens.

Quote:
3) Grasshopper in flight

I actually liked this image. Didn't make me think "wow" though. It actually looked like the grasshopper landed on the lens. This one is easier to set up than the others above because you can more easily wrangle a grasshopper (or multiple of them).

Quote:
4) Burning match showing heat-generated air vortices

Definitely some studio talent here. One of the few I mentioned that involved some technical talent. Once you know how to work the technique in the studio you'll still need to take a lot of shots to get "the one" - and of course picking "the one" is a big part of the talent here.

I preferred your images to the majority in that slideshow. And remember I said that I considered "60%" of the images "snapshots" - your quote is a bit out of context and also out of order. I have one critique you could have done, or might be able to still do, something about and one you really couldn't. The boat image has definite pop and I love the color combinations, but the composition doesn't do anything for me mainly because the boat is pretty much centered in the frame. I would have much preferred to see the boat diagonally. You can make some interesting compositions with crops of that image though. In the last image it would be nice if the building with the flat wall wasn't in the bottom right. about the only thing that can be done here would be to duplicate some trees in that area replacing the building.

I haven't been doing any creative photography in years, but I hope to scan my collection of negatives and get back into "photography" when I pick up a new camera (I don't own one at all right now and either borrow one from my brother or use my fiancée's little P&S).