From what I can see the sticker is not attached upside down, the panel is. That being the case I also suspect that the stick is factory installed which would indicate that there is a good reason not the remove the K.O.'s Lots of assumptions there but that's what it looks like to me. Mains are typically on the top and generally on the left but not always. If this was my place I would look into replacing the existing panel with a new larger one. There is no room for expansion in this system. I would also look into the logistics of increasing the service size. Again, not knowing what you're up against makes this impossible to give good advice. Where is the meterbase in respect to the panel? WAC (Washington State) rules spec that it must be no further the 15' from the service breaker. You can purchase a GE panel and use your existing breakers for all of the existing loads. I don't see a way to go with an electric dryer without a service size increase but using the existing breakers would probably be the cheapest solution. Depending on the age of your home you may need to drive another ground rod but that is easy to do and fairly cheap.

Edited by Neutrino (02/12/2007 20:01)