Quote:
I think we can all agree the bulbs are not failing (:

Well, actually, they definitely are failing, at a much higher rate than they otherwise should, it's just that this *last* time they hadn't actually failed.

Quote:
does that car have Day Running Lights?

No.

Quote:
when the lows fail, what happens when you switch the main switch off?

Define "Main Switch". Do you mean the main headlight on/off switch? And what do you mean "What happens"? Well all the lights on the car turn off like they're supposed to. What else would you expect to happen?

Quote:
seems like there's a good chance the breaker is just doing it's thing, maybe it's too sensitive, or maybe it's functioning as it should, protecting the circuit.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Doug Burnside wanted to post here with a detailed reasoning of something, but the BBS ate his post again. But he thinks there's an "open" in the hibeam/lobeam switch that is triggering that circuit breaker.

This gels with an additional statement Vixy has made (oh hey, I mentioned it earlier in the thread): Sometimes she thinks the *act* of using the hibeams is the thing that makes the lobeams fail. This didn't make any sense to me until now. But in theory, a short in the hi/low switch could easily cause that circuit breaker to pop, couldn't it?

I think our next course of action is to replace the hibeam/lobeam switch as Doug suggested.

Everyone concur?

My only concern: How much trouble is this, and does it involve working around the airbag? Is this something I can do in an evening?