Originally Posted By: Mataglap
For debian 3.1, the zoneinfo stuff is in the libc6 deb.

get zoneinfo-2007.tgz onto the empeg, ftp or whatever

Code:
cd /usr/share
mv zoneinfo zoneinfo-2006
tar xvzf /${fullpath}/zoneinfo-2007.tgz ./
mv zoneinfo-2007 zoneinfo

reboot the empeg
from the onscreen menu reset your timezone

Edit : Fixed code tags
--_l0ser

I just performed this update to my empeg a few nights ago and would like to thank everyone for contributing. I did a good deal of reading about bash prompt and hyperterm use in the FAQ before starting (I'm nearly a complete linux n00b).
On Win2k with Filezilla FTP, I moved the file over to a folder on the empeg. Using Mark Lord's Hijack web interface I could see the file and the execution properties, so 'activating' the file (chmod?) was not needed.
While I could move the old files following the instructions (mv zoneinfo zoneinfo-2006), I couldn't see a folder 'zoneinfo-2006' being created (viewing through FTP client). I reversed the move and the info re-appeared, so I know it was going somewhere safe.

In the end, I created folders to my liking using Filezilla and then executed the bash instructions through it, too (prefaced with 'site').

It took me a long while to sort out the unpacking command tar xvzf /${fullpath}/zoneinfo-2007.tgz ./
What worked for me was to remove the $.
tar xvzf /(myfolder)/zoneinfo-2007.tgz ./
I should have copied and pasted the commands, while I was at it, because I spent a while down a dead end by missing the space before ./ at the end of that. wink I think the font in the FAQ threw me off.

In all, a bit of fun for me and some updated files for the empeg. Thanks again!